EventMachine documentation guides
Welcome to the documentation guides for EventMachine, a fast and simple event-processing library for Ruby programs (à la JBoss Netty, Twisted, Node.js and so on).
- Getting started with EventMachine
- Writing event-driven servers
- Writing event-driven clients
- Connection Failure and Recovery
- TLS (aka SSL)
- EventMachine ecosystem: Thin, Goliath, em-http-request, em-websockets, Proxymachine and beyond
- On blocking the event loop: why it is harmful for performance and how to avoid it
- Lightweight concurrency with EventMachine
- Brief introduction to epoll, kqueue, select
- Working with other IO sources such as the keyboard
Tell us what you think!
Please take a moment and tell us what you think about this guide on the EventMachine mailing list or in the #eventmachine channel on irc.freenode.net: what was unclear? What wasn't covered? Maybe you don't like the guide style or the grammar and spelling are incorrect? Reader feedback is key to making documentation better.